Today, Copernic released a version for the Early Access Update Program for Copernic Desktop Search (4.2).
Changes & Improvements
- Improved PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint file extractors
- Fixed text superposition issue for PDF documents
- Fixed indexation issue for PDF and Word documents
- Fixed indexation issue for special characters for PDF documents
- Fixed stack overflow issue for ODS, Word and PowerPoint documents
- Added “Browser” refine criteria for History and Favorites categories
- Fixed configuration issue for archives files indexation
- Fixed licensing issue when installing a software update
- Fixed index directory display issue in the options pane
- Fixed date sorting issue
- Fixed display issue for icons with extensions longer than 5 characters
- Fixed issue when the index is no longer available
- Fixed issue when starting the application when the index file is locked by another software
- Fixed error message inside the Lite version when serial number is invalid
- Fixed an issue when moving the index
- Fixed an issue with opening and printing sub-documents for Microsoft Outlook documents
- Fixed issue when starting the application when some Windows folders are invalid
- Fixed several minor issues
To update, if you already signed up to the program, you will be prompted inside the software.
How do I sign up?
Very easy. Inside the software, in the menu, go to Tools – Options – Advanced. Under Others, you can check the box next to “Join the Early Access Updates Program”.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.