License Activation behind a proxy

Home Forums Technical Support / Bugs Copernic Desktop Search Desktop Search 4 License Activation behind a proxy

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andreas 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Andreas
    Participant

Hi,

is there a chance to activate the software behind a proxy?

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

Activation for users behind a proxy will be available shortly when the corporate features will be added to the retail version. This should come in an update by the end of spring.

Andrew
    Participant

The latest version (4.0.5) released Feb 18 2014 says activating through a proxy has been added.  I bought a 5-user license when CDS 4 first came out so I could install one version on my work computer (which is in a large corp with firewalls and proxies and such).  I just uninstalled 3.7.0.8 (which worked fine), and installed 4.0.5, and a red message comes up next to the “Need Help” link saying, “Unable to Connect to the Validation Server”.  When I click on “Need Help?”,  it takes me to a general help page which tells me nothing about how to connect through a proxy.

How do we use the new “proxy authentication” feature?  Do we need to run the program with a switch or something?  Can I activate over the phone or through an email?

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

The proxy authentication must pass through the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. So you will need to configure the proxy in Internet options, then retry the activation from CDS 4.

The program cannot be activated over the phone or through an email at the moment. I would strongly recommend to submit a support ticket for this since it will be easier to help you through the steps.

We will also add the “how-to” steps on the online knowledge base shortly.

Thanks.

Andreas
    Participant

Hi,

i entered a proxyserver in internetexploreroptions and the internetexploerer work with this settings.

Update Check from Desktopsearch won’t work. Error in German: “Die Internetverbindung kann vorübergehend nicht verfügbar sein …”

Version 4.0.5 Build 1231

regards

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

Please submit a support ticket describing what you already done so we can send you additional instructions. The situation could be different for all users so we do not support these kind of problems over the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Andreas
    Participant

Hi,

with Version 4.2.0 i can check for Software Updates (with input of my network credentials)
    also License Activation should work the same way 😉

Thank You!

Regards
    Andreas Korntheuer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.