Lost ability to add search bar?

Home Forums Technical Support / Bugs Copernic Desktop Search Desktop Search 4 Lost ability to add search bar?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sukhbs 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

koroshiya
    Participant

This is a feature I used extensively in 3.x. Are you looking to re-instate it in future updates? I use Windows 8 in desktop mode most of the time and this would be useful.

If not, is there a way to replace Windows 8’s default search engine?

Thanks in advance.

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

The deskband (CDS Toolbar) has been removed from the software in version 4. However, we added a shortcut keyboard command so you can access the main search window with the focus in the search field by using keyboard stroke -> CTRL + CTRL. This can be triggered on or off from the menu tools -> Options -> Advanced.

This feature was asked by a lot of users who had tried Google desktop so we decided to put that in place instead of the deskbar, which was not always behaving properly with the latest windows updates.

Thanks for your understanding

GRW
    Participant

I also used the search box  that feature extensively.  Can it be put back as an option?  Is there any reason why the keyboard shortcut and the search bar cant exist leaving the user the option to use one or both?

bjscott
    Participant

bring it back – you should have warned us first :-(

sukhbs
    Participant

Need the search bar back. It was quick. Using the search bar and dragging the files from there to attach to email was the only reason I bought the software.  Please bring it back.

Again..

Please Bring the “Search Bar” Back.

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

I forwarded all your comments to our product management team. Thanks for the feedback.

dicknite

I agree – the search bar was the main way I used CD3 Pro. Without it, the program becomes much less useful.

sukhbs
    Participant

Is search Bar coming back or not ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.