Really DIssapointing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Copernic Support 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

markcars
    Participant

I have purchased CDS and after a year, paid again for one more year to get the extended year of upgrades and support.

After reading several reviews, I realize that version 4 is not worth it, as its basically a ton of problems and the software has downgraded into more problems than the solution it was originally providing in versions 2 and 3. I also learnt that with every upgrade, the software has gone bad to worse.

Therefore I do NOT want to upgrade to version 4.

I tried to reinstall my OLD software version 3, and it did not accept my license number I fully paid for two times. I emailed support, and this is what they send me as I will paste below my comments.

I understand that the yearly payments are to get extended support, but when did Coppernic say that the software will STOP working as soon as a year is over? Seems like very bad business ethics for Copernic. They basically are robbing gullible people in the hopes that people will be fooled?

Even If I was given Copernic version 4 for free, I would consider it worth less than a heap of dirt.

After getting the email response below, I will have to find alternative software, but certainly will NEVER again pay Copernic for their low class business ethics. Also I will let everyone in my circle and everyone else in the circle of the circle of people I know about this.

EMAIL RESPONSE FROM COPERNIC://////////////////////////
    Hi,

Sorry but your licence is expired since x/x/xxxx.

Regards,

You may want to visit our different online resources for help:
    – Online Help / Aide en ligne CDS4: http://support.copernic.com/en/
    – KB/FAQ/Base de connaissances: http://www.copernic.com/en/support/desktop-search/
    – Community forum: http://forum.copernic.com

IMPORTANT: Do not modify the subject line of this email – Ne pas modifier la ligne objet du courriel

—–Message Original—-
    De: “***@***.com” <***@***.com>
    Répondre-À: “***@***.com” <***@***.com>
    Date: *******
    À: “‘CDS Corporate'” <corporatesupport@copernic.com>
    Sujet: I reinsralled my software and my serial number is not being accepted.

>Hello, I want to reinstall my old version that I paid for and paid for upgrade 1 time after that.
    >
    >At this current time I do not wish to upgrade to 4.0 based on reviews I read and based on the pricing that I can no longer afford to pay.
    >
    >So please let me know how I can install and register my old software
    >(that I paid for twice.) My version I paid for last I believe is 3.5.1
    >and my serial number is
    >***********
    >******
    >
    >I would appreciate a prompt and fair response.
    >
    >Mark
    >

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,
    Could you please let me know the case number in reference?

I will reopen the case and make sure you receive what you paid for. I think there was a mistake in this situation and I will make sure to do the necessary to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks.

Copernic Support
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I have been able to retrieve the case on my side. I just sent you back an answer by email to resolve this issue.

Even when the CDS 3 Corporate serial is expired, you can still use the product but must make sure to have the appropriate version related when the serial expired. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks for understanding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.